Monday, July 28, 2008

Value Added

I think that my focus in SL has evolved over the past year and a half to the point that I will continue to explore SL --but have committed to managing the Texas A&M Student Group that has now grown to 60+ members and are very diverse in abilities and interests.

This past weekend, I experienced the thrill of the Relay for Life (RFL) Finale of events. The RFL effort in SL has raised over $200,000 USD for the American Cancer Society to fight cancer. I was changed forever coming virtually face-to-face with Cancer Survivors and Caregivers. They were so very appreciative of all the efforts that the Aggie Team and other teams gave them to support them in their plight. I read many of their stories and how Second Life affords them the opportunity to participate in the Relay--when their health and schedules would have otherwise eliminated that chance.

With rising energy and living costs, a virtual environment like Second Life offers a flexible learning space for collaboration, training, and human resource development. I feel my time is well spent in SL as I research the best ways for virtual learning, research and interventions.
Please stay with me as I continue on my journey in Second Life. Please add comments or email me at: RachelleMunro@gmail.com.








No comments:

Post a Comment