Monday, July 27, 2009

It's been a busy year!


It's been quite a while since I blogged...not because I haven't been active in the SL community, but rather the contrary--I've been very busy so I want to recap some of my memorable adventures in SL as of late.

Since my last posting, I've participated frequently in the SL Educator's Roundtable Group where educators from K-16 come together from around the world to discuss timely issues [see: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=44078263753&ref=share ];





I captained the Relay for Life "Team Texas Aggie" where the Second Life community as a whole raised an astonishing $270,388 for fighting cancer (see: http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?pg=entry&fr_id=19490) ! Go Relay! The most meaningful part was cheering on Cancer Survivors and Caregivers as they Relayed. Many of them commented that it was their only chance to participate in RFL due to their health, time and distance constraints. Relaying in a virtual world like SL just "makes sense".













I've also been busy as well as helping with the Texas A&M University virtual campus due to come online soon!

As time has progressed, my efforts in SL have focused on enhancing learning and making the "real world" a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment